We are hiring!
We are building a team that works at the intersection of technology, media, and democracy. We do journalism innovation. Interested in joining us?
Full Stack Developer
It’s not only the news industry that needs Qurio so it can serve its audiences better and increase revenue but our society, communities around the world and ordinary people. With Qurio, readers and community members will be able to offer quality feedback to the newsrooms they love and support, seamlessly. Audience engagement can be addictive, not only for the newsrooms but for the people as well. Being heard is what matters these days, worldwide.
At Qurio, we are building a platform and all the tooling required for a community driven newsroom to understand its audience information needs. Our product aims to deliver an excellent experience regardless of the size of the organization and scale.
We’re on a mission to provide an innovative, modern and affordable media engagement solution for the news media industry. Our target audience is global and our determination is to build a world-class product delivering on all its promises.
This is why we want someone like you to join us on this journey as our first engineer hire! You will be an important part of this vision as a Full Stack Developer helping us build the core platform of our product.
Also, any familiarity with the current landscape of news and media will be considered a plus, but it is not necessary – it’s up to us to introduce you to this fascinating industry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be an integral part of the core product development effort.
- Deliver tested and well-designed code across the stack.
- Work closely with the design and product team to deliver exceptional experiences on our platform.
- Take part in exciting feature development such as embeddable widgets, full-text search interfaces, WYSIWYG editor and more.
- Assist in the cloud infrastructure setup and maintenance.
The necessary requirements are:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of professional experience in web application projects.
- Great knowledge of the web platform.
- Great knowledge of React and its usage in Next.js, or other similar frameworks and libraries.
- Good knowledge of TypeScript.
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases.
- Comfortable working with modern tooling workflows using Git, testing frameworks and cloud platforms.
The benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Company-wide bonus program and a great stock option plan.
- Additional private insurance.
- Additional paid days off.
- Hybrid work model (office & remote).
- Internal educational programs for further professional and personal development [foreign language classes, regular classes on philosophy, cryptography, quantum computing, etc.].
- Individual training budget for professional development and continuous training.
- Benefits package, incl. latest tech equipment, access to office gym, nutritionist, and much more.
- Equal employment opportunity and workplace diversity.
For international candidates:
- Relocation package (stipend & advise)
- Work Visa legalities (for non-Schengen citizens)
We will get back to you as soon as possible and book some time to meet with you, show you exactly what we are building, and see if we are a good fit for each other.
If not, everything’s fine between us; it was a pleasure meeting you!
Blog post: What to look for in your first hire: Q&A with Qurio
In May 2022 we gave an interview for the Starttech Venture blog, check it out!